General Troubleshooting - App
If you have not received a welcome text message letting you know your mobile key is available, please contact the Front Desk to ensure you have been issued a mobile key to the correct mobile number.
If you have received the welcome text message, letting you know your mobile key is available, but you get an error that the key has not been downloaded, please follow these steps:
- Force-close all open applications, including OpenKey. Reopen the OpenKey app and try downloading the key again. If you are still receiving the same error, continue to step 2.
- Uninstall the app and reinstall it.
- Force-close Google Play Store.
- Go to “Settings” on your Android device.
- Navigate to “Apps/Applications” and then to “Applications Manager.” NOTE: Not all Android devices have “applications manager” and in that case, you just need to navigate to “Apps/Applications” and click it to open.
- Locate the “Google Play Store” app.
- Here, the FIRST thing you have to do is “clear cache” and then “clear data” of the app. Please make sure you perform this step as mentioned by clearing the cache first and then clearing the data. NOTE: "Clear cache" and "clear data" options are sometimes hidden under the “Storage” tab. So after locating the app, you have to click “storage” and then perform this step.
- No additional steps should be required.
- Press and hold the OpenKey app on your home screen until all apps are moving.
- Click the small X button on the top-left corner on the app to delete.
- Confirm. This will clear all data and cache automatically.
- Navigate to the App Store to download the Openkey application.