This article details the main points of the one-way integration between ResortSuite and OpenKey, enabling automated mobile key delivery. Be advised, ResortSuite Version 7.7.00 is required in order to implement OpenKey.
Notes on ResortSuite configuration:
1. Each room must be mapped to OpenKey. “OPENKEY” needs to be selected as the “Room Key Type” in the PMS Room/Account Management screen. If the room is not mapped this way, automated mobile key delivery will not be successful.
2. A mobile key audit log is available in the PMS to assist with tracking and troubleshooting:
Guest Check-in Flow
1. Find the guest’s reservation in ResortSuite.
2. Open the reservation and ensure the following requirements for issuing a mobile key at check-in are met:
- A phone number must be present in the reservation. Country code is required for any international phone numbers (outside the US/Canada).
- *HINT: If you don’t know the country code, ask the guest. They will happily tell you! But here is a link to a list of all country codes, just in case: https://countrycode.org/
3. Complete your normal Check-in process, including verification of ID, payment capturing, room assignment, etc.
4. Encode plastic keys – or bypass this portion if the guest does not need plastic keys.
- Remember to create keys in the appropriate order, according to the type of lock/BLE hardware your hotel uses. See more information here.
The guest is now AUTOMATICALLY added to the OpenKey HOST platform, without the Front Desk Agent needing to access OpenKey.
5. Changing/Updating a reservation:
- When you update the following items in ResortSuite, the guest’s mobile key will automatically update in OpenKey HOST.
- Changing the check-out date
- Checking a guest out
- Changing a guest’s room number
- The following item must be changed in OpenKey HOST.
- Check-out time (for late check-outs)
- The following item can be managed from within OpenKey HOST or the guest’s mobile app.
- Adding additional guests